News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/22/2020 9:16:27 AM to 5/1/2020 12:00:04 AM.
Posted on: March 22, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Lincoln County Emergency Management Actions as of March 20
Lincoln County Emergency Management reports the following actions as of March 20, 2020:
- Activation of the Public Health Emergency Response Team (ERT) in late February to begin planning for a possible local COVID-19 outbreak.
- Activation of the County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in late February to begin assisting the Public Health Department and local partners with planning efforts for a possible local COVID-19 outbreak.
- Declaration of Emergency by the Lincoln County Commissioners on March 18, 20120 in a pre-planning effort for a possible local COVID-19 outbreak.
- Attending daily briefings, planning meetings and informational sessions with Oregon Health Authority, Office of Oregon Emergency Management, Centers for Disease Control and Protection and the Governor’s Office.
- Coordinating local planning efforts with our city/tribal governments, healthcare, schools, public safety, utilities, local, state and federal agencies, private industry, community and local media partners.
- Activation of our county-wide Joint Information Center (JIC) this week to collaboratively coordinate communications with our local Public Information Officers (PIOs).
- Planning for and coordinating efforts for those most at risk in our communities during social distancing timeframes and for those that may be directly affected by a local outbreak.
- Acting as a central resource coordination center for needed supplies and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for our local healthcare partners.
- Advocating for local business and industry partners to gain access to state and federal resources.
- Assisting County Government in the activation of their continuity of government plans for the services provided by county departments and state courts.