Yachats River North Fork Covered Bridge

The Yachats River North Fork Covered Bridge is a covered bridge about 9 miles (14 kilometers) northeast (by river roads) of Yachats and the Pacific Ocean. The bridge carries spans the North Fork of the Yachats River. The structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.  

At 42 feet (13 meters) long, the bridge is one of the shortest covered bridges in Oregon. It is one of only two covered bridges in Lincoln County that are open to vehicular traffic; the other is the Chitwood Bridge. The weight limit on the bridge is ten tons; large trucks and recreational vehicles (RVs) are not allowed.  

There is a vehicle turnaround area on far side of the bridge, but traffic is not allowed beyond the private gate. 

Yachats River North Fork Covered Bridge


The Bridge can be found at the end of North Fork Road.


Otis Hamer, a veteran constructor of bridges, built the queen post truss structure for Lincoln County in 1938. It was the last of his covered bridges. Learn more about the bridge on Wikipedia.

After an accident damaged the bridge in 1987, county crews repaired it. They returned in 1989 for a more complete renovation, including new trusses, approaches, a new roof, and new siding.