Governor Begins Phase I Openings
At her May 14 press conference, Governor Kate Brown announced that Phase I approved Counties can begin reopening on May 15, 2020. See the press release. Lincoln County has been approved as a Phase I county. The Lincoln County Board of Commissioners Officially ratified their Phase I acceptance at their May 14 joint meeting with Lincoln County cities.
Governor’s Reopening Plan
Governor Brown has proposed a four-phase plan to reopen Oregon. Details of the requirements and guidelines for each phase is found on the Governor’s Reopening Oregon page (govstatus.egov.com/reopening-oregon).
Openings in Phase I Counties
In counties approved for Phase I, the following areas can operate if they comply with sector-specific health and safety guidance beginning May 15:
• Restaurants, bars, and other such establishments for dine-in service until 10 pm
• Personal services businesses
• All retail businesses, including malls and shopping centers
• Gyms and other fitness facilities
• Local gatherings of up to 25 people
Gyms and Fitness Guidance
Gyms and other fitness facilities in counties that have reopened for Phase I will be required to follow new health and safety guidance as well. The new guidance is available here.
Lincoln County Heath Department Reopening Campaign
Rebecca Austin, Incident Commander with the Lincoln County Health Department, announced the county has started its reopening campaign with the following recommendations:
- Physical Distance: Be at least 6 feet from people you don’t live with. Stay home if you are sick. Stay close to home and avoid trips outside your community
- Protect Others: Cover you cough and sneeze with elbow or tissue. Avoid touching your face. Use face coverings in public
- Keep Clean: Frequently wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Frequently clean your work and living space, especially high touch places like doors and handles.
Lincoln County Approves June 1 Reopening of Short Term Rentals, Hotels/Motels, RV Parks, and Campgrounds
The Board of Commissioners approved an order to reopen short term lodging and camping at their May 14 meeting with Lincoln County cities. Order 5-20-136 stipulates restrictions for operation, including housekeeping minimums, signage, services changes, and minimum hold times between stays. See Order 5-20-136 or the the County webpage for details.
Yachats Council Supports County Order for Opening Short Term Rentals and Lodging
The Yachats City Council voted 4-1 to approve Lincoln County Order 5-20-136 that allows for hotels/motels, vacation rentals, campgrounds, and RV parks to reopen with restrictions beginning June 1, 2020. The Council will discuss issues specific to Yachats at its May 20 meeting. For meeting information, see the Agenda Center.