The Little Log Church Museum at the corner of West 3rd and Pontiac streets was built in the late 1920s by community volunteers using local timber hauled down the Yachats River. It was completed and dedicated in 1930. It was served by ministers from the Oregon Conference of the Evangelical Church, and later by pastors from the Presbyterian Church. When the congregation grew too large for the little building, members built a new church a few blocks away, and the Little Log Church and property was sold to the Oregon Historical Society on the condition it be maintained as a museum.
It became a museum in 1970 and was deeded to the city of Yachats in 1986. The Little Log Church Museum houses photographs of the area, settler exhibits, and works by former resident artists and authors. The Little Log Church and Museum is operated by volunteers.
The Reverend Rolla Phelps and his wife, Stella, sit on the steps of the Little Log Church in Yachats.
The Little Log Church is the host to many weddings and concerts. The Church has wedding vow renewals each February 14 and a Blessing of the Animals around the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi. It also hosts concerts and community events.
Open to visitors daily from Noon to 3 p.m. Closed Thursdays.